Two Archival Fellowships at CSSS, Calcutta (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) in collaboration with the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, (CSSSC) invites applications for Archival Fellowships for a period of 8-10 months, to support practitioners - curators, artists, art historians, film-makers - to work with the materials contained in the CSSSC archives. Two fellowships will be awarded. The purpose is to give applicants the opportunity to engage with the visual archives collection at the CSSSC in innovative and original ways towards a tangible outcome such as an exhibition, film, performance, publication, etc at the end of 10 months in October/November, 2015.
- Applicant profile: We seek applications from practitioners with previous curatorial experience and a strong interest in archives. Practitioners who are Indian nationals or have been a residing in India for five or more years are eligible to apply.
- Financial assistance and other support: Each fellowship provides an honorarium of Rs 2,00,000 for the duration of 10 months and research facilities within the archives of the CSSSC. Work space will be provided by the CSSSC for the duration of the Fellowship, as well as the opportunity to interact with the students and faculty of the CSSSC.
- A separate budget will be provided for the final outcome.
- The deadline for receiving applications is December 30, 2014.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by January 15, 2015.
- Interviews with shortlisted candidate are expected to take place on January 24, 2015 in Kolkata.
- The Fellowship will commence on February 16, 2015 for a period of 10 months.
- A letter of interest explaining how you would benefit from this Archival Fellowship. Please identify aspects of your practice that you think will be honed and further developed during the course of the Fellowship.
- A brief description of a project you have been involved with either as a curator, arts practitioner or researcher. The description should include the vision, the approach, the processes and the outcomes that have resulted from that project. Please include documentation of the project, which could include 6 to 8 scanned or printed images with titles and date, DVD (max 4 minutes), catalogues, artworks, performances, or reviews.
- Your curriculum vitae.