Request for Proposals: Artists for Arts Education: November 2017 (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Proposals for Arts Education from Artists
for projects in Government Schools in Karnataka
Deadline: January 12, 2018
(To download the call in Kannada, click here)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) invites proposals from artists for arts projects in government schools in Karnataka. This is part of the Kali Kalisu initiative of IFA, the aims of which are:
- To enrich curriculum and classroom teaching through artistic interventions.
- To create opportunities for artists and teachers to become joint stakeholders in the school community.
- To set in motion processes that will develop concrete pedagogical approaches for arts integration in school curricula.
Who Can Apply:
- Proposals are welcome from artists with or without prior experience or relevant training in arts education in government schools. However, applicants who do not have experience of working in government schools must have worked with children/young adults.
- Applicants should be able to communicate in the relevant local language.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals or have been resident in India for at least five consecutive years.
- For more on the eligibility criteria please click here
- You are welcome to approach us to discuss your project ideas or send us a draft proposal for our suggestions and comments on or before December 23, 2017.
- Your final proposal should reach us in hard copy on or before January 12, 2018.
Your final proposal must contain the following:
- Objectives of the proposed project
- Details of the government school identified for the project
- Methodology and detailed work plan
- Outcomes of the project
- Permission letter from the head of the school
- Detailed break-up of the budget
Grant awards will be announced by February 24, 2018.
Proposals can be submitted in Kannada, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Marathi or English.
Minimum of six months to a maximum of one year and six months.
Maximum Rs 1,50,000/-
- Funds will cover only project-related costs such as the artist's honorarium (not exceeding Rs 12,000/- per month), additional resource persons' honoraria (if needed), travel, documentation, workshops, and materials.
- Budget for an accountant's fee subject to a maximum of Rs 3,000/-
- Make yourself available for a presentation and discussion at IFA (Date to be determined) if your proposal is shortlisted.
Please address your application or any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Krishnamurthy T N
Programme Executive, Arts Education
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva', No 259, Ground Floor, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Bangalore - 560 094
Phone: 080-2341 4681 / 82