Request for Proposals: Artists for Arts Education: May 2016 (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Applications from Artists for Arts Education
An extension of your work with Government Schools of Karnataka
Application Deadline: June 30, 2016
(To download the call in Kannada, click here)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) invites applications from artists for arts projects in government schools in Karnataka. This initiative is an extension of our work with government schools under the Kali-Kalisu project, and aims to build collaborations between artists and the school.
This program has three objectives:
- To encourage artists to look beyond their own artistic practice and explore the possibilities for arts education.
- To create an opportunity for artists and teachers to become joint stakeholders in the school community.
- To enrich curriculum and classroom teaching through artistic interventions.
Who Can Apply
- Applications are welcome from artists with or without previous experience, or relevant training, in arts education in government schools.
- Applicants should be able to communicate in the relevant local language.
- Individuals who are Indian nationals or have been resident in India for at least five years.
- For more on the eligibility criteria please click here.
How To Apply
You are welcome to approach us to discuss your ideas, or send us a draft proposal for our suggestions and comments, by or before June 03, 2016.
Your final applications should be in hard copy, and reach us on or before June 30, 2016. Grant awards will be announced by August 14, 2016.
Kannada, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Marathi or English.
Minimum of 06 to a maximum of 12 months.
Maximum Rs 1,50,000/-
- Funds will cover only project-related costs such as, artist's honorarium (not exceeding Rs 12,000 per month), additional resource persons' honoraria (if needed), travel, documentation, workshops, and materials.
- Budget for an accountant's fee subject to a maximum of Rs.3000.
- Make yourself available for a presentation and discussion at IFA (Date to be determined) if your proposal is short-listed.
- Grants will only be made to those who identify and seek engagement approval from the concerned government school, and the local school authority in writing, after they have been selected by IFA. Provide timely documentation (audio, video, reports, and photographs) for internal reporting.
- Submit a process document, interim narrative report, and a final report along with a financial report at the end of the grant period.
- The project should develop a concrete pedagogical approach, and set in motion processes which will continue beyond the grant period.
To download the application form, click here
Please address your application or any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Programme Executive, Arts Education
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva' Ground Floor, No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Bangalore - 560 094
Phone: 080-2341 4681 / 82
The Arts Education Programme for the year 2016-17 is supported by Citi India.