Request for Proposals: Arts Education - Artists (CLOSED)
Application deadline: May 15, 2015
(To download the Kannada call click here.)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) invites applications from artists for arts projects in govt schools in Karnataka.This initiative is an extension of our work with government school teachers under the Kali-Kalisu project and aims to forge collaborations between artists and teachers.
This initiative has three objectives:
- To encourage artists to look beyond their own artistic practice and explore the possibilities for arts education.
- To create an opportunity for artists and teachers to become joint stakeholders in the school community
- To enrich curriculum and classroom teaching through artistic interventions
We hope the grants will set in motion processes that will continue beyond the grant period.
The artist would be required to:
- Develop a concrete pedagogical approach that could later be disseminated
- Provide timely documentation (audio, video, reports, and photographs) for internal reporting
- Submit a process document, interim narrative report, a comprehensible final report along with a financial report at the end of the grant period, which should describe and assess grant related activities, accomplishments, problems and lessons learnt during the term of the grant
- IFA staff would be glad to answer your questions regarding this initiative. You are welcome to approach us to discuss your ideas or send us a draft proposal for our suggestions and comments by or before April 30, 2015
- Your final applications should be in hard copy and reach us on or before May 15, 2015
- You can expect grant awards to be announced by June 15, 2015
- You may choose to write your proposal in Kannada, Hindi, Urdu or English
- Your project may have a minimum duration of six months and a maximum duration of nine months.
- You can request for support up to Rs 1,50,000/-
Your proposal should cover in detail:
- Your existing practice and interest in government schools as an artist
- Your project idea with reference to the identified government school and the anticipated duration of the project
- The proposed work plan and methodology of your engagement with the school
- The proposed outcome of your project and how you imagine this outcome will contribute to the field and discourse of arts education
- Detailed budget for the duration of the grant
- Our funds will cover only project-related costs such as; artist's honorarium (not exceeding Rs 12,000 per month), additional resource persons' honoraria (if needed), travel and materials. Ensure that each budget category pertains to a specific item of project-related expenditure. Please budget for an accountant's fee subject to a maximum of Rs 3,000/-
- Please do not budget for institutional overheads, building costs and infrastructural development.
- You can send us your draft proposal by email but your final proposal, including your supporting material should be in hard copy only, and should reach us on or before May 15, 2015
- You are responsible for the delivery of your proposal and supporting material to IFA by the closing date. Late applications will not be accepted
- If your proposal is short-listed, you may be requested to make a presentation and invited for discussion at IFA (Date to be determined)
- Grants will only be made to those who identify and seek the engagement approval from the concerned government school and the local school authority in writing after they have been selected by IFA
- Applications are welcome from artists with or without previous experience or relevant training in arts education in government schools
- Applicants should be able to communicate in Kannada
- Persons who are Indian nationals or have been resident in India for at least five years
Please address your application or any queries to email@example.com or write to:
Programme Executive, Arts Education
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva' Ground Floor, No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Phone: 080-2341 4681 / 82
This grant is supported by Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Bangalore.
For more information on Kali-Kalisu, follow this link.