Request for Proposals: Teachers for Arts Education: May 2018 (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Proposals for Arts Education from Teachers
from Government Schools in Karnataka
Application Deadline: Friday, July 13, 2018
(To download the call in Kannada, click here)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) invites project proposals for arts education from government school teachers in Karnataka, for their schools. This Call for proposals falls under the Kali Kalisu initiative of IFA that aims to forge collaborations between teachers, local artists, and the school community:
- To encourage teachers to look beyond their subject of teaching and explore possibilities in arts education.
- To create opportunities for teachers and artists across disciplines to become joint stakeholders in the school community, and enrich curriculum and classroom teaching – through artistic interventions.
- To set in motion, processes that will develop concrete pedagogical approaches for arts integration in school curricula.
Programme Officer Krishnamurthy T N talks about the Arts Education programme
and how you can apply as a teacher in the video below:
Who Can Apply:
- Proposals are welcome from Administrators, Head Masters, Block Resource Persons, Cluster Resource Persons, Subject Teachers, Arts Teachers from government schools, and Lecturers from the District Institutes of Education and Training (DIET) in Karnataka.
- Applicants should be able to communicate in the concerned local language.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals or have been resident in India for atleast five consecutive years. Click here for more on our eligibility criteria.
Scope of the Project:
Projects undertaken could concentrate on any of the following:
- Bring multiple stakeholders such as parents, students, teachers, school administration, and art practitioners together for an artistic project.
- Explore learning environments enriched by regional/local art forms and practices in the classroom.
- Conceptualise and put in place student-centered programmes such as an arts cell within the student community which will meet regularly to experience and explore various art forms (theatre, visual arts, film, literature, photography, music etc.).
- Examine possibilities with the arts to sensitise and engage the school community in thinking about local realities such as social justice and environmental issues.
Other long-term or short-term projects that engage with arts education in innovative and creative ways will also be considered.
- You are welcome to approach us with questions, discuss your ideas or send us a draft proposal for our suggestions and comments on or before June 15, 2018.
- Your final proposal should reach us in hard copy on or before Friday, July 13, 2018.
- Anticipated duration of the project. Your project may have a minimum duration of nine months and a maximum duration of one year and six months.
- You may choose to write your proposal in Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu or English.
- You are responsible for the delivery of your proposal and supporting material to IFA by the closing date. Late proposals will not be accepted.
- If your proposal is shortlisted, you may be requested to make yourself available for a presentation and discussion at IFA (Date to be determined).
- You can expect grant awards to be announced by August 31, 2018.
Your final proposal must contain the following:
- Objectives of the proposed project
- Details of the government school identified for the project
- Methodology and detailed work plan
- Outcomes of the project
- Permission letter from the head of the school
- Detailed break-up of the Budget
- Support of up to a total of Rs 1,00,000/- is available.
- Budget for the duration of the grant.
- Each budget category must pertain to a specific item of project-related expenditure.
- Funds will cover only project-related personnel costs, activities and travel, and can provide for modest equipment and materials, if necessary.
- You may budget for an honorarium of a minimum of Rs 10,000/- for yourself and professional fees for external resource persons not exceeding Rs 20,000/- for the entire duration of the grant.
- Budget for an accountant’s fee subject to a maximum of Rs 2,000/-
Requirements from Teachers selected for grants:
- Develop a concrete pedagogical approach that could later be disseminated.
- Provide timely documentation (audio, video, reports, and photographs) for internal reporting.
- Submit a process document, narrative reports (interim and final), a comprehensible final report, and financial reports (interim and final). While the interim reports (both narrative and financial) are to be submitted at mid-term of the grant period, the final reports (narrative and financial) are to be given in at the end of the grant period. These documents/reports need to describe and assess grant-related outlining processes, activities, challenges and accomplishments during the term of the grant.
Please address your proposal or any queries to Krishnamurthy T N at email@example.com or write to:
Krishnamurthy T N
Programme Officer - Arts Education
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva', Ground Floor, No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Bangalore - 560 094
Phone: 080 2341 4681 / 82
The Arts Education programme has been supported by Citi India since 2016.