Vacancy@IFA: IFA is looking for a Manager for our Management Services Department | Apply soon! Deadline: July 13, 2018 (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
Manager for the Management Services Department (MSD)
Application Deadline: Friday, July 13, 2018
India Foundation for the Arts is looking for a Manager for the Management Services Department (MSD) to be responsible for Grant Administration, Finance, Investments, and Legal Issues related to the organisation.
IFA is a national, not-for-profit, independent grantmaking organisation that supports practice, research, and education in the arts and culture, in India. Set up as a Public Charitable Trust in 1993, IFA started making grants in 1995, and has continued its work over 24 years. IFA has supported over 540 arts projects disbursing over Rs 24 crore across India.
The Manager will work closely with the IFA Team and report to the Executive Director.
Grant and Fellowship Administration
- Primarily responsible for all Grant and Fellowship Administration
- Oversee Grant and Fellowship Budgets and prepare Grant and Fellowship Agreement Letters
- Follow up on Grant/Fellowship monitoring, and Grant/Fellowship Financial Reports, Grant extensions, and modifications
- Maintain and update the Grant Monitoring Sheet
- Coordinate with IFA Grantees and Fellows for timely reporting
- Oversee Fund Management and Investments
- Coordinate with the Resource Mobilisation (RMO) team to maintain records of all donations, grants, and inflows
Legal and Taxation
- Ensure compliance on all Trust-related and Legal issues
- Ensure Tax Compliance
- Draft, finalise, and execute Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Partner Organisations, Fundraising events, contracts, Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMCs), and Rental Agreements (for Staff and Office)
- Assist with all financial reporting and audits
- Support the team with scrutiny of all institutional documents
- Work closely with your team at the Management Services Department, as well as the Programme and Resource Mobilisation teams; and be a part of the IFA Team, contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Commerce/Management graduate with 12 to 15 years of experience in philanthropy and the non-profit sector and experience in the abovementioned areas
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in MS Office applications
- Financial acumen and experience with successfully managing processes and systems
- A knowledge of current Legal Acts including Trust and Income-Tax Acts
- The ability to negotiate and co-ordinate with various teams
Between Rs 9 and 11 lakh per annum depending on the candidate's skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a cover letter stating their reasons for working with IFA, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any application received without the abovementioned documents will not be considered. The deadline for applications is Friday, July 13, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person in Bangalore.