Request for Proposals: Artists for Arts Education: June 2017 (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Applications from Artists under the Arts Education programme
For projects in Government Schools in Karnataka
Application Deadline: August 11, 2017
(To download the call in Kannada, click here)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) invites proposals from artists for arts projects in government schools in Karnataka. This is part of the Kali-Kalisu initiative of IFA, which aims:
- To enrich curriculum and classroom teaching through artistic interventions.
- To create opportunities for artists and teachers to become joint stakeholders in the school community.
- To set in motion processes that will develop concrete pedagogical approaches for arts integration in school curricula.
Who Can Apply:
- Applications are welcome from artists with or without previous experience or relevant training in arts education in government schools. However, applicants who do not have the experience of working in government schools must have worked with children/young adults.
- Applicants should be able to communicate in the relevant local language.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals or have been resident in India for at least five consecutive years.
- For more on the eligibility criteria please click here
- You are welcome to approach us to discuss your project ideas or send us a draft proposal for our suggestions and comments on or before July 10, 2017.
- Your final proposal should reach us in hard copy on or before August 11, 2017.
Your final proposal must contain the following:
- Objectives of the proposed project
- Details of the government school identified for the project
- Methodology and detailed work plan
- Permission letter from the head of the school
- Budget Break-up
Grant awards will be announced by September 28, 2017.
Proposals can be submitted in Kannada, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Marathi or English.
Minimum of 6 to a maximum of 18 months.
Maximum Rs 1,50,000/-
- Funds will cover only project-related costs such as, artist's honorarium (not exceeding Rs 12,000 per month), additional resource persons' honoraria (if needed), travel, documentation, workshops, and materials.
- Budget for an accountant's fee subject to a maximum of Rs 3000/-
- Make yourself available for a presentation and discussion at IFA (Date to be determined) if your proposal is short-listed.
Please address your application or any queries to email@example.com or write to:
Krishnamurthy T N
Programme Executive, Arts Education
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva' Ground Floor, No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Bangalore - 560 094
Phone: 080-2341 4681 / 82
The Arts Education Programme for the year 2016-17 was supported by Citi India.