Job Opportunity: Programme Executive – Arts Research and Documentation
Arts Foundation seeks a Programme Executive – Arts Research and Documentation
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA), Bangalore, makes grants nationwide under various programmes: arts research and documentation, arts education, extending arts practice and new performance. It raises funds from corporations, trusts and individuals to support its work. Please visit IFA's website (www.indiaifa.org) for further information on the organisation.
IFA invites candidates for the position of Programme Executive – Arts Research and Documentation who will report to the Executive Director.
- Managing, communicating and implementing IFA’s Arts Research and Documentation programme. We make grants under this programme by sending out an open call for research proposals that look critically at the making of artistic traditions or seek to study the changing phenomenon in contemporary arts practice.
- Managing and communicating IFA’s Archival Fellowships in collaboration with the Extending Arts Practice programme executive. We send out an open call soliciting applications for these fellowships which encourage artists and curators to energise public institutional archives by engaging with their collections.
- Supporting and facilitating seminars and conferences on specific themes that are related to the thrust areas of the programme.
- Sharing responsibility with other programme staff to develop grant-making policies and strategies, reviewing proposals, and monitoring and evaluating grants.
- Working closely with staff from other departments to ensure that processes are adhered to, the reach of the programme is widened and grant outcomes are showcased and disseminated.
- Creating and managing institutional budgets for grant making. Evaluating budgets submitted with grant applications.
- In time, the successful candidate may be expected to take on wider institutional responsibilities.
- Applicants should be mature professionals with eight or more years of experience of research and/or teaching, or managing programmes in the arts or humanities in India.
- They should be conversant with current issues and debates, particularly in the areas of arts research, documentation and archiving and be able to engage with a wide variety of methodologies and approaches to the arts in India.
- They should demonstrate ideational ability, potential for leadership, a good sense of strategy, financial management skills, and be able to network and represent the organisation in different forums.
- They should be able to critically analyse and evaluate developments in the field and in their programme.
- Knowledge of languages other than English will be considered an additional qualification.
- They should be good writers and public communicators.
Position Location: Bangalore. This position also entails considerable travel in India.
Remuneration: Rs 6 Lakh to 8 Lakh depending on experience and skill. The successful candidate will be appointed for five years on a contractual basis.
- Applications, addressed to the Executive Director, India Foundation for the Arts, must reach IFA by February 15, 2013.
- Applicants should include a covering letter, a detailed resume, a statement of interest in this position and an educational and professional reference. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Short-listed candidates may be requested to give a telephonic interview and/or be interviewed in Bangalore at the end of February 2013, and will be expected to join IFA from the middle of March 2013.
Send your applications by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Programme Executive, Arts Research and Documentation’ or by post to:
Ref: Programme Executive, Arts Research and Documentation
C/O Executive Director
India Foundation for the Arts
Apoorva - Ground Floor
No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block
Bangalore - 560094