Job Opening: Senior Level Marketing
Does the prospect of acting as a bridge between the world of art and business intrigue you? Do you understand the language and needs of these two very different fields and have what it takes to create mutually enriching relationships between them? Do you like the thought of being able to facilitate fantastic work, even while staying behind the scenes? Then here's an opportunity you should not pass up.
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA), Bangalore is looking for a Manager—Corporate Relationships and Arts Services.
As some of you know, IFA makes grants nationwide to support research and documentation, education and experimental practices in the arts. It raises funds from corporations, trusts and individuals to support its work. (Please visit IFA's website (www.indiaifa.org) for further information.)
We have big plans for the future and need your help to put them into action. Apply for the position of Manager—Corporate Relationships and Arts Services,reporting to the Deputy Director.
Join our team of young, dynamic and passionate individuals. An average work week introduces you to exciting new artists and their work and your evenings are most often spent in attending concerts, plays, exhibitions, book readings and film screenings.
Meetings to discuss fundraising strategies most often take place in rooms crowded with computer tables and cardboard boxes, with staff perching themselves on every available free space, including table tops, steaming mugs of coffee in hand. Discussions on budgets, deadlines and sponsorship are often interspersed with heated debates on the aesthetics of Gangnam Style, the reasons for Europe’s failing economy and whether India should have a cultural policy, to name a few.
IFA is a vibrant place to work at, one that will challenge you to rediscover yourself.
- Raising sponsorship from the corporate sector for events and grant showcases
- Managing relationships with existing corporate donors
- Designing arts-based services for the corporate sector, educational institutions and other organisations
- Working with artists and artist groups to create service modules
- Conceptualising and implementing corporate relationship strategies to build stronger relationships with the corporate community
- Working with the PR Officer to generate media visibility for corporate sponsorship of fundraising events and for our arts services
- Taking primary responsibility for revenues generated through events and arts services
- Working with the rest of the Marketing and Business Development team, comprising of individuals with other fundraising and public communication responsibilities
- A minimum of five years experience in fundraising for the non-profit sector/ arts and culture organisations will be preferred
- An in-depth understanding of the functioning of the corporate sector
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team and across different departments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Allows a deep and meaningful engagement with the world of the arts and that of business not only in India but in the international arena as well
- Fosters personal and professional growth
- Gives you the chance to chart your own course in a relatively unexplored field in the country
Position Location: Bangalore
Remuneration: Rs 5.5 Lakh to 6.5 Lakh depending on experience and skill.
Applications addressed to the Deputy Director must reach IFA by March 15, 2013. Short-listed applicants will be requested to appear for an interview at our office in Bangalore.
Send your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Ref: Manager Corporate Relationships and Arts Services
C/O Deputy Director
India Foundation for the Arts
Apoorva - Ground Floor
No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas IInd Stage, IInd Block
Bangalore - 560094
Please call us if you have any doubts regarding the application process.
We look forward to talking to you and welcoming you into the IFA family.