Job Opening: Programme Executive, Arts Education, IFA
Are you passionate about exploring and sharing new approaches to learning in the classroom? Have you ever thought about how the arts could inspire alternative perspectives on and approaches to the process of learning and teaching? Do you like the thought of being able to facilitate fantastic work, even while staying behind the scenes?
If yes, then India Foundation for the Arts (IFA), Bangalore needs you! IFA is looking for individuals with ideas, courage and determination, to helm its Arts Education programme.
As some of you may know, IFA makes grants nationwide under various programmes: Arts Research and Documentation, Arts Education, Extending Arts Practice and New Performance, among others. It raises funds from corporations, trusts and individuals to support its work. Do visit www.indiaifa.org for more information about the vision and work of the organisation.
We are happy to invite applications from candidates for the position of Programme Executive – Arts Education reporting to the Executive Director.
- Managing, communicating and implementing IFA’s Arts Education programme, consisting of grant making and teacher training.
- Developing strategies to strengthen IFA’s intervention in the field.
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships built over the last four years with government bodies in education. Since 2009, this programme has mainly focused on arts-based teacher training for government school teachers in Karnataka under an initiative titled Kali-Kalisu.
- Facilitating seminars and conferences bringing together various stakeholders in arts education.
- Managing programmatic budgets.
- Sharing responsibility with other programme staff to develop grant-making policies and strategies, reviewing proposals, and monitoring and evaluating grants.
- Working closely with staff from other departments to ensure that processes are adhered to, the reach of the programme is widened and grant outcomes are showcased and disseminated.
- In time, the successful candidate may be expected to take on wider institutional responsibilities.
- Applicants should be mature professionals with eight or more years of experience in research and/or teaching, or managing programmes in the arts or humanities in India and have an interest in education and the arts.
- They should be conversant with current issues and debates, particularly in the areas of arts education and be able to engage with a wide variety of methodologies and approaches to the arts in India.
- They should demonstrate ideational ability, potential for leadership, a good sense of strategy, financial management skills, and be able to network and represent the organisation in different forums.
- They should be able to critically analyse and evaluate developments in the field and in their programme.
- Knowledge of languages other than English, especially Kannada, will be considered an additional qualification.
- They should be good writers and public communicators.
Position Location: Bangalore. This position also entails considerable travel within Karnataka.
Remuneration: Rs 6 Lakh to 8 Lakh depending on experience and skill. The successful candidate will be appointed for five years on a contractual basis.
- Applications, addressed to the Executive Director, India Foundation for the Arts, must reach IFA by June 30, 2013.
- Applicants should include a covering letter, a detailed resume, a statement of interest in this position and an educational and professional reference. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Short-listed candidates may be requested to give a telephonic interview and/or be interviewed in Bangalore at the beginning of July 2013, and will be expected to join IFA from the middle of July 2013.
Send your applications by email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Programme Executive, Arts Education’ or by post to:
Ref: Programme Executive, Arts Education
C/O Executive Director
India Foundation for the Arts
Apoorva - Ground Floor
No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block
Bangalore - 560094