Job Opening: Manager-Corporate Relations
Does the prospect of acting as a bridge between the world of art and business intrigue you? Do you understand the language and needs of these two very different fields and have what it takes to create mutually enriching relationships between them? Do you like the thought of being able to facilitate fantastic work, even while staying behind the scenes? Then here's an opportunity you should not pass up.
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA), Bangalore is looking for a Manager-Corporate Relations
As some of you know, IFA makes grants nationwide to support research, practice and education in the arts. It raises funds from corporations, trusts and individuals to support its work. To learn more about IFA, visit our website.
Join our team of dynamic and passionate individuals. An average work week introduces you to exciting new artists and their work, and your evenings are most often spent in attending concerts, plays, exhibitions, book readings and film screenings. Meetings to discuss fundraising strategies most often take place in rooms crowded with computer tables and cardboard boxes, with staff perching themselves on every available free space, including table tops, steaming mugs of coffee in hand. Discussions on budgets, deadlines and sponsorship are often interspersed with heated debates on football, the reasons for Europe's failing economy and whether India should have a cultural policy at all.
If this excites you, apply for the position of Manager-Corporate Relations
- Raising sponsorship from the corporate sector for fundraising events and grant showcases
- Raising funds from Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives for project and programme support
- Taking primary responsibility for revenues generated through fundraising events and art services
- Working closely with artists to design arts-based services including events, workshops, training modules etc, for the corporate sector, educational institutions and other organisations
- Working together with the Marketing and Business Development team and Programme team on various other projects and initiatives
- A minimum of five years experience in fundraising for the non-profit sector/ arts and culture organisations will be preferred
- An in-depth understanding of the functioning of the corporate sector
- Self driven, patient and persistent
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team and across different departments
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Allows a deep and meaningful engagement with the world of arts and that of business, not only in India but also in the international arena
- Fosters personal and professional growth
- Gives you the chance to chart your own course in a relatively unexplored field in the country
Position Location: Bangalore
Remuneration: Rs 5.5 Lakh to 6.5 Lakh depending on experience and skill.
Applicants should send a detailed C.V. and a letter of interest addressed to the Executive Director.
Deadline for application has been extended to August 25, 2014
Short-listed applicants will be requested to appear for an interview at our office in Bangalore.
Send your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Ref: Manager-Corporate Relations
C/O Executive Director
India Foundation for the Arts,
'Apurva' Ground Floor, No 259, 4th Cross,
Raj Mahal Vilas 2nd Stage, 2nd Block,
Phone: 080-2341 4681 / 82