Job Opening: Communications Officer - Closed
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you want to help share the amazing work being done by artists with a wider audience? Would you like to help conceptualise and design communications material that convinces individuals to support the arts?
IFA is looking for a Communications Officer who will be responsible for all communication tasks related to the organisation
IFA is an independent philanthropic organisation based in Bangalore, which makes grants nationwide in support of arts research, arts practice and arts education. Please visit www.indiaifa.org for further information on our mission, objectives and programmes.
- Create and produce institutional communications material both for internal and external audiences This would include annual reports, brochures, newsletters, website, minutes of board meetings etc.
- Conceive and execute campaigns to spread awareness about IFA’s various grant-making programmes
- Communicate the work being done by grantees with the larger field through social media, video and email campaigns
- Help build audiences for various events: showcases of projects supported by IFA, fundraisers and outreach initiatives
- Conceive and execute campaigns to help raise funds for the organisation
- Communicate with IFA’s donor community through donor reports
- Discuss briefs for new communications material with other IFA staff
- Work closely with the designer to co-produce all communications material
- Be a part of team IFA-contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A knowledge of current interests, achievements and debates in the arts
- The ability to think visually, with an eye for page layout and design
- The ability to develop original concepts for communications material
- The ability to work and co-ordinate with various teams
- Experience in producing quality communications material across media
(print, web, audio-visual etc.)
- Experience in writing on the arts will be preferred
Between Rs 3.5 to 4 lakh per annum depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed C.V., a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and two samples of their writing - at least one of which should be related to the arts - to email@example.com . Any CV received without the above mentioned attachment will not be considered. The deadline for applications has been extended to May 31, 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person in Bangalore.
We look forward to hearing from you.