Job Opening: Communications Officer (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
Seeks a Communications Expert to Take its Work to the World
Are you passionate about writing and the arts? Do you enjoy writing about the amazing work being done by artists, reaching out to a wider audience? Do you have it in you to woo people with words about how much the arts need their support? Does conceptualising and designing such communications material for the arts excite you?
IFA is looking for a Communications Officer who will be responsible for all communication tasks related to the organisation.
IFA is an independent not-for-profit organisation based in Bangalore, which makes grants nationwide, in support of research, practice and education in the arts. Please visit www.indiaifa.org for further information on our mission, objectives and programmes.
- Create and produce institutional communication material both for internal and external audiences. This would include annual reports, brochures, newsletters, website, minutes of board meetings, etc.
- Conceive and execute campaigns to spread awareness about IFA's various grant-making programmes
- Communicate the work being done by grantees with the larger field through social media, video and email campaigns
- Help build audiences for various events: showcases of projects supported by IFA, fundraisers and outreach initiatives
- Conceive and execute campaigns to help raise funds for the organisation
- Communicate with IFA's donor community through donor reports
- Discuss briefs for new communication material with other IFA staff
- Work closely with the designer to co-produce all communication material
- Be a part of team IFA, contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A knowledge of current interests, achievements and debates in the arts
- The ability to think visually, with an eye for page layout and design
- The ability to develop original concepts for communication material
- The ability to work and co-ordinate with various teams
- Experience in producing quality communication material across media (print, web, audio-visual, etc.)
- Experience in writing on the arts will be preferred
- Basic knowledge of design softwares such as Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver will be preferred
Between Rs 3.5 to 4.5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate's skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed C.V., a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and two samples of their writing - at least one of which should be related to the field of the arts - to firstname.lastname@example.org Any CV received without the above mentioned documents will not be considered. The deadline for applications is April 10, 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person in Bangalore.