Job Opening: Assistants for the IFA Archive (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
Seeks Part-time / Full-time Assistants
Application Deadline: May 12, 2016
We are creating an archive of the diverse work of our grantees, and other material that emerged from our grants and its associated processes, covering over 20 years of IFA. This material, a vast collection of documents, photographs, newspaper reports, audio, and video recordings, will need to be organised, categorised, assigned ids, and arranged for further processing, or long term storage. The Assistant(s) will help the IFA Archivist achieve this target.
- Help the Archivist organise and catalogue the material for the archive
- Create metadata for the physical documents
- Digitise physical/ analogue material, if needed
- Create annotations and metadata about the process of digitisation
- Prepare the physical material for long term storage, following archival policies
- Experience in using MS Excel, MS Access and/or any kind of database software
- Experience of handling fragile documents/material for digitisation
- Hands-on knowledge of archival digitisation of textual/audio/video material
- Attention to detail and organisational aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences
- Degree/ Diploma in Library and Information Science/Archival Studies/ Museology, or related subjects will be preferred
- 2-3 years of experience of working with institutional archives will be appreciated
- An understanding of the arts in India is desirable
The job is in-house, and not work-from-home
There is an option of working part-time or full-time
Appointment will be on a contractual basis with IFA, which may be renewed annually
Remuneration may range from Rs 15000 to 35000 per month, depending upon time commitment
Applicants should include a covering letter, a resume detailing previous experience, a statement of interest for the job, and an educational and professional reference.
Please clearly mention your preference for a part-time or full-time post in your application.
Send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any CV received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.
The Deadline for Applications is May 12, 2016.