Job Opening: Archivist (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
Seeks an Archivist (Analogue & Digital)
Are you passionate about archives and the many histories that it encapsulates?
Do you want to explore, engage with, organise and share amazing work being done by artists?
Would you like to be associated with the birth of an archive that aims to document
the many journeys of the arts in India?
We are looking for a full-time Archivist (analogue and digital)
who will create and maintain the IFA archive over time.
India Foundation for the Arts is an independent, national, not-for-profit, professionally managed grant-making organisation based in Bangalore that supports research, practice and education in the arts across the country. In our 20th year of grant making we are looking to create an archive of the various artworks and textual material coming out of our grants and allied processes. Please visit www.indiaifa.org for further information on our mission, objectives and programmes.
Deadline: July 01, 2015
- Create processes for archiving existing material in digital format
- Organise and catalogue text, visual and audio material for the archive
- Digitise analogue material, create annotations and metadata
- Create plans and processes to catalogue and preserve analogue material
- Supervise volunteers, interns and part-timers working for the archival process
- Liaison with software developers to supervise the complete process of creating a content management system and a web interface of the archive
- Work in tandem with other IFA staff to ensure completion and smooth functioning of the archive
- Maintain the archive and manage digital content on web platforms
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Be a part of team IFA—contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Thorough knowledge of digitisation best practices and standards
- Proficiency in D-space, KOHA or similar platforms
- Familiarity with LINUX. Additional knowledge of handling CMS systems such as Drupal
- Familiarity with Photoshop, CorelDraw etc
- Experience in the field of archiving
- Ability to prioritise and work with minimum supervision
- Good writing, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Degree in Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences
- Degree in Library and Information Science/Archive Studies or related subjects
- Specialisation in digitisation strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience of working with institutional archives will be preferred
- An understanding of the arts in India is desirable
LOCATION: Bangalore. This position may require considerable travel within India.
REMUNERATION: Between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should include a covering letter, a detailed resume, a statement of interest in this position and an educational and professional reference.
Send your complete application to email@example.com - any CV received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered. The deadline for applications is July 01, 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The IFA Team