IFA is looking for a Communications Officer | Deadline: September 01, 2017 | Apply Now! (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Seeks a wordsmith to write about the arts!
Are you passionate about writing?
Does the thought of writing about the amazing work being done by artists, researchers, teachers,
curators, and others, excite you?
Do you like the exhilarating ride of conceptualising material for a varied audience?
Do you have it in you to woo people with words about how much the arts need their support?
Would you love to be part of a dynamic team, planning and designing such communication material?
Then, the role of Communications Officer at IFA is the job for you. Apply, today!
DEADLINE: September 01, 2017
India Foundation for the Arts is looking for a Communications Officer who will be responsible for all communication tasks related to the organisation.
IFA is a national, not-for-profit, grantmaking organisation that supports practice, research and education in the arts and culture, in India. Set up as a Public Charitable Trust in 1993, IFA started making grants in 1995, and has continued its work over 22 years. IFA has supported over 490 arts projects disbursing over Rs 22 crores, across India.
- Write communication material, aimed at internal and external audiences, for our different platforms, including print, social media, website and e-mailers. This would include annual reports, newsletters, website and social media content, emails, minutes of board meetings, plans and quarterly reviews, etc.
- Conceive and drive communication campaigns about the grantmaking programmes at IFA to help raise awareness about the organisation
- Conceptualise and execute communication campaigns for our fundraising initiatives
- Communicate the work being done by grantees with the larger field through social media, video and email campaigns
- Help build audiences for various events: showcases of projects supported by IFA, fundraisers and outreach initiatives
- Work closely with the different teams at IFA to collate information and effectively present it on our various platforms
- Create and edit internal documents such as plans, reports and minutes of meetings
- Work closely with the designer to co-produce all communication materials, across different platforms, including print, social media, website and e-mailers
- Be a part of team IFA, contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- A knowledge of current interests, achievements and debates in the arts
- The ability to develop original concepts for communication material
- The ability to co-produce materials in partnership with the designer
- The ability to work and co-ordinate with various teams
- Experience in producing quality communication material across media (print, web, audio-visual, etc.)
- Experience in writing on the arts will be preferred
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver will be preferred
Between Rs 4.5 to 5.5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate's skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and two samples of their writing - at least one of which should be related to the field of the arts to email@example.com
Any application received without the above mentioned documents will not be considered. The deadline for applications is September 01, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person in Bangalore.