Call for Applications - Programme Manager for SMART | Mumbai (CLOSED)
Do you love theatre? Do you want to run a programme that is all about theatre?
Do you like to take initiative and bring a variety of people to make possible a theatre management programme? Do you like being organised and systematic?
Can you be the 'boss' of bosses?
Then this is a role you should seriously consider.
SMART invites you to apply for the position of Programme Manager.
This is the third year that India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is collaborating with Junoon to manage the Strategic Management in the Art of Theatre (SMART) programme, under the aegis of India Theatre Forum.
SMART (Strategic Management in the Art of Theatre) is a capacity building programme for theatre groups, run under the auspices of the Indian Theatre Forum (ITF), and managed by Junoon and India Foundation for the Arts (IFA). The SMART core team includes theatre practitioners and arts managers, who bring their expertise and knowledge to create a management course of practical value for theatre groups in India.
To know more about SMART and the organisations running the programme, visit www.theatreforum.in, www.junoontheatre.org and www.indiaifa.org
Details on role of Project Manager:
As Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the running of the programme, reporting to the Course Director. Your key responsibility will be to ensure that the project milestones are achieved, through communicating regularly with the entire team, and facilitating the necessary action.
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not restricted to):
- Ably assisting the Course Director through the programme in co-ordinating all activities
- Drawing up programme schedules in coordination with all stakeholders and leading the team to ensure its implementation on time
- Managing the overall budgets
- Coordinating with facilitators, mentors, guests, participants, media and other stakeholders
- Coordinating with production team for project implementation
- Ensuring programme materials are created and available as required
- Archiving programme materials and media
- Maintaining updated database of stakeholders and maintaining relationships
- Ensuring that the SMART milestones are achieved, through communicating regularly with the entire team, and facilitating the necessary action
- Running social media for SMART and coordinating with media for key announcements
- Any other related responsibilities pertaining to the SMART programme assigned to you from time to time
- 5 years of experience in the field of theatre and running projects
- Self driven and persistent, getting work done on time
- Detail-oriented approach to work
- Excellent ability to work in a team and coordinate across different stakeholders
- Capacity for multi-tasking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with excel, email, social media, etc.
3 days per week, for most of the year. 4 to 5 weeks will be full-time work, including the times around the Foundation Course and Final Workshop.
Rs 3.2 lakhs to 4.0 lakhs annually, depending on experience and skill.
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
- A letter addressed to the Course Director (no more than 750 words), telling us about your interest in this role and why you think we should recruit you
- Your CV
Application Deadline: Friday, July 14, 2017
Short-listed applicants will be requested to appear for an interview in person, at the Junoon office in Andheri (W), Mumbai, or via Skype, if you are not a Mumbai resident.