Apply: IFA seeks an Assistant Programme Executive for the Arts Education Programme (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Assistant Programme Executive
Arts Education Programme
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017
The Arts Education programme of IFA called Kali-Kalisu (‘learn and teach’ in Kannada), attempts to integrate arts and culture into government school curriculums in Karnataka. It empowers government school teachers through training programmes, and makes grants to teachers and artists to implement arts integrated projects at schools. It also builds networks of artists, teachers and administrators through events at the block levels.
The Assistant Programme Executive will support these multi-pronged activities of the programme under the guidance of the Programme Executive.
- Support the Programme Executive in proposal development and interactions with applicants
- Coordinate the grantmaking process and help with administration
- Manage the Kali-Kalisu website
- Prepare grant documentation in coordination with grantees
- Ensure timely submission of reports and deliverables from grantees
- Liaise with government officials
- Provide all logistical support for various events and training sessions
- Translate all required material from English to Kannada and Kannada to English
ELIGIBILITY and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Humanities
- Ability to effectively work in economically and culturally diverse environments
- Experience in using MS Office, MS Excel, and multiple forms of Kannada language software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kannada and English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a member of a team
- Work experience in an educational or arts context, and/or in a rural context will be preferred
- An understanding of the arts in India is desirable
Bangalore. This is a full-time position. Some travel will be required
Appointment will be on a contractual basis with IFA, which may be renewed annually.
Gross remuneration may range from Rs 2.75 Lakh to Rs 3.25 Lakh annually, depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant years of work experience.
Applications must include –
- A covering letter
- A resume detailing previous experience
- A statement of interest for the job
- 2 References – 1 educational and 1 professional
Please send your complete application to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Assistant Programme Executive - Arts Education”.
Any application received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.
The deadline for Applications is July 14, 2017