Job Opening: Public Relations and Online Communications (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
Seeks a Manager-Public Relations & Online Communications
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you love working with media and want to share IFA's work with the public? Does the prospect of creating a space for the arts in mainstream media excite you?
IFA is looking for a Manager- Public Relations & Online Communications who will be responsible for all media related tasks for the organisation.
India Foundation for the Arts is an independent, national, not-for-profit, professionally managed grant-making organisation based in Bangalore that supports research, practice and education in the arts across the country. Please visit www.indiaifa.org for further information on our mission, objectives and programmes.
Deadline: August 28, 2015
- Conceptualise and execute the Annual PR Plan for IFA
- Build and maintain the IFA brand through various kinds of articles (organisational stories, profiles and spokesperson interviews) in the media
- Maintain and update a national database of press contacts across the country
- Organise press conferences and press meets when required
- Regularly send out all IFA communication along with press notes and releases to the media
- Create all IFA information kits including press kits
- Monitor and scan media vehicles on a weekly basis to be cognizant of industry trends
- Trace and file IFA press articles
- Provide support at IFA events
- Manage various institutional databases
- Conceptualise and manage the annual plan for IFA's online communications on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Conceive and execute campaigns, create content to spread awareness about IFA's various initiatives, programmes, fundraising and other institutional events on social networking sites
- Update and manage the IFA website
- Excellent media relations
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to think on your feet and pitch stories in innovative ways to the media
- Applicants should ideally have an MBA/MA in Marketing/Communications/PR
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Public Relations, having worked with a Public Relations agency, a media house, the marketing communications department of a corporation, or the non-profit sector
- An understanding of the arts in India is desirable
REMUNERATION: Between Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant years of work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA and a portfolio of their previous work across media. Preference will be given to people with prior work experience in the non-profit and/or the arts and culture sector.
Send your complete application to email@example.com - any CV received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered. The deadline for applications is August 28, 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.