IFA is looking for a Communications Officer. Apply Now!
India Foundation for the Arts
Seeks a wordsmith to communicate on the arts!
Do you enjoy conceptualising and producing material for a varied audience?
Do you have it in you to woo people with words about how much the arts need their support?
Does being a part of a dynamic team, planning and designing such communication material
in a fast-paced environment energise you?
Does spreading the message of the fascinating work being done by artists, researchers, teachers,
curators, and others, excite you?
Then, the role of Communications Officer at IFA is for you. Apply now!
Deadline: April 29, 2019
India Foundation for the Arts is looking for a Communications Officer who will be responsible for all communication tasks related to the organisation.
IFA is a national, not-for-profit, grantmaking organisation that supports practice, research and education in the arts and culture, in India. Set up as a Public Charitable Trust in 1993, IFA started making grants in 1995, and has continued its work over two decades. IFA has supported close to 600 arts projects disbursing over Rs 24 crore, across India.
- Write and edit crisp, concise and accessible communication material, aimed at internal and external audiences, for our different platforms, including print, social media, website and e-mailers. This would include Annual Reports, Calendars, Newsletters, Website and Social Media content, Requests for Proposals, Grant Showcases, Minutes of Board Meetings, Plans and Quarterly Reviews, Brochures etc. and ensure that institutional documents are up-to-date
- Conceptualise and be enthusiastic about driving communication campaigns about the grantmaking programmes at IFA to help raise awareness about the organisation
- Communicate, generate content, write blurbs and scripts about grants through print, video, email and other social media platforms
- Help build audiences for various events: showcases of projects supported by IFA, fundraisers and outreach initiatives
- Be aware of developments across the organisation and manage, review and update content for the website
- Work closely with the designer to co-produce other communication material such as merchandise
- Be a part of the IFA team, contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Excellent writing, editing, proofing, time-management and multi-tasking skills
- While proficiency in English is a must, knowledge of other Indian languages will be an addition
- The ability to manage, negotiate, co-ordinate with and liaise between various staff members to gather information for multiple communication material within tight deadlines
- The ability and experience to develop and generate original concepts and content and writing copy for communication material that is consistent and of high quality across media (print, web, audio-visual, etc.) This would include its timely development, planning, delivery and production, in partnership with the designer
- Knowledge of developments and debates in the arts and culture
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver will be a bonus
Please note that this is a full-time position, based out of The IFA Office in Bangalore.
Between Rs 4.5 and 5.5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate's skills and relevant work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed CV, a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and two samples of their writing - at least one of which should be related to the field of the arts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any application received without the above-mentioned documents will not be considered. The deadline for applications is April 29, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone, tested on editing and proofing skills, and then interviewed in person in Bangalore.