Apply: IFA seeks an Assistant Programme Executive for the Arts Education Programme (CLOSED)
India Foundation for the Arts
Assistant Programme Executive
Arts Education Programme
Application Deadline: September 23, 2017
India Foundation for the Arts (IFA) is an independent, national, not-for-profit, professionally managed, grantmaking organisation based in Bangalore, which supports research, practice and education in the arts and culture across the country.
The Arts Education programme at IFA, Kali-Kalisu (‘learn and teach’ in Kannada) attempts to integrate arts and culture into government school curricula in Karnataka. It empowers government school teachers through training programmes and makes grants to teachers and artists to implement arts integrated projects at schools. It also builds networks of artists, teachers and administrators through events at the block levels.
The Assistant Programme Executive will support these multi-pronged strategies of the programme. The Assistant Programme Executive will report to the Programme Executive.
- Coordinate the grantmaking process and administration
- Prepare grant documentation in coordination with grantees
- Ensure timely submission of reports and deliverables from grantees
- Translate required material from Kannada to English
ELIGIBILITY and SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Humanities
- Experience in using MS Word, MS Excel, and Kannada language software
- Good written and oral communication skills in Kannada and English
- An understanding of the arts and / or education in India is desirable
Bangalore. This is a full-time, work-from-office position. Some travel will be needed.
Appointment will be on a contractual basis with IFA, which may be renewed annually. Gross remuneration may range from Rs 3.00 Lakh to Rs 3.50 Lakh annually.
Applicants must include a covering letter, a resume detailing previous experience, a statement of interest for the job, and an educational and professional reference each. Please send your complete application to email@example.com. Any application received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.
The deadline for applications is September 23, 2017