Grants to Schools
Two pilot projects, launched in 2016 with Hongirana School of Excellence, Sagara, and Namma Nalanda Vidhyapeeth, Kundapura, Karnataka, were determined by two predominant goals: (1) to meaningfully improve the quality of student education by providing integrated arts education opportunities across the school system, and (2) to foster a widespread understanding and awareness that the arts are an indispensable part of an all-round education and development of the school community. These projects were supported by Tata AIG.
The Grants to Institution Initiative for both government-aided schools and non-profit schools is a national multi-year effort, which will be launched in 2019 to support schools, build strong, sustained commitments to arts education and develop comprehensive advocacy strategies.
Some of the parameters for selecting schools and programmes are:
- Schools that are located in non-metropolitan areas and work in local languages
- Schools that will attempt to connect the lived experiences of the students to curriculum texts
- Schools where the administration believes in the arts and culture and that arts education is integral to teaching and learning.
- Schools that propose to use integrated processes in all subjects of the curriculum
- Schools that will enable work with local arts forms, cultural practices, artists and resources from the community
There will be a Request for Proposals for schools announced across media. The selection process will include critical assessment of the proposals, telephonic conversations after internal assessments, site visits and interviews. To know more about the application process, please email: email@example.com